Pages

Food Consumed During the Summer (Goodbye Summer!)


Helloooooo everybody! No, this isn't your eyes playing a sick joke on you, it really is Gdog coming at you with a blog update! How lucky (or unlucky) for you! Well, the summer has come and gone and it's been a busy one. I've been very busy with my iPhone blog and enjoying my first summer summer off as a teacher (it's going to be extremely difficult to wake up early again). 

Anyways, aside from relaxing everyday and riding my bike around town, I've eaten a whole variety of different food here in Vancouver. You can eat any cuisine as the choice are just endless. I'm going to stop with the rant and jump right to the pictures!

BBQ salmon on a cedar plank:


BBQ Duck Noodles at Congee Noodle House on Broadway/Main:


Beef and black been sauce on rice noodles at McKim's Noodle house in Richmond:


Cedar plank salmon with chips and guacamole:


Fresh fruit salad (Yes, I made this) with fresh black plums, lychees, raspberries, cherries, green seedless grapes:


Fresh steamed mussels on the patio at Granville Island:


Some breakfast action at IHOP...look at those pancakes baby!!


Beef flank noodles with beef tripe...MMMmmm....mom's special recipe:


Chicken Shawarma plate...there was so much food here I could barely finish it:


The best egg benedict in Vancouver at Cafe Zen on Yew St:


BULGOGI downtown on Robson St (there's a mini Korea-town strip there):


Homemade lasagna with meat sauce:


Clubhouse sandwich with double the bacon...yes, that is a jar of Miracle Whip!


So there you have it, that's just a small sample of the food I've enjoyed eating this summer. The cherry season was cut short due to weather that affected the crop, which resulted in higher than average prices. These local cherries from the Okanagan are the highlight of my summers!

On a side note, I've been having some fun shooting photos with my Canon digital SLR and recently photographed my first wedding with my uncle. It was a great experience and you can check out our gallery here.

OH, by the way, I've been getting emails about teaching in Korea from lots of ya. Sorry if I haven't responded, just email me again. Anyways, if you haven't already, be sure to check out my Teaching English in Korea FAQ to help you answer some questions. Good luck and talk soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment